Jessica and Alexia started Cult Beauty in June 2008 because as (borderline obsessive) beauty consumers they had been disappointed one too many times. A mass of quarter-used, ‘meh’ products cluttering up their bathrooms inspired them to create a shop where a panel of experts make sure that everything on this site is ‘sell-your-granny’ good.
You have discovered a beauty hall of fame, curated by a panel of top hair and beauty experts – who aren’t allowed to recommend anything they are financially tied to – that you can shop in the knowledge that anything you buy will be outstanding. Grannies, be afraid!
But what makes a product ‘Cult’? Here are the guidelines we give our expert panel:
- Does it do what it says on the tin, exceed your expectations and then introduced some new ones? Would it have to be prised from your cold, dead hands?
- As soon as you try it you want to tell all your girlfriends about it – well at least the ones you like – it becomes brunch gospel.
- You squeeze out every drop… and cut the packaging or sharpen it down to the nub, while all other products languish in your cabinet.
- It’s found in every make up artist’s kit, you see it all the time backstage at fashion shows to turn partied-out models with distressed, lank hair into the goddesses you see in the show pictures.
- Celebs swear by it and will even talk about their obsession without being paid a penny from the company for promotion….yup, that is “cult”!